Wednesday, January 9, 2008

UNDER CONTROL

Now i'm on antibiotic and steroids to stop swelling, blisters, and infection in operated ear. I had a bad reaction to the bacitracin ointment and things got worse quick but went to see surgeon yesterday and was put on steroids, need to sterile wash the area 3 times a day also. Found out I didn't get any antibiotics during surgury, so that will be a strong request if I have my other ear done. So unless things don't improve I'm still on target for activation on the 29th.

4 comments:

Abbie said...

Ouchies!! I feel so bad for you Jim! Did you ever use Bacitracin before? I wasn't put on any antibiotics either. I was kind of sent home in a wrap and was told to keep the area clean with peroxide three times a day with neosporin.

Hopefully this will be the last of this and you can get on the road to recovery. I have my fingers crossed for you!

Jeff said...

I'm glad to read that some action has been taken. Once the meds kick in it should start getting better.

deafcone said...

Already showing improvement. the triple threat of sterile wash, antibiotocs, and steroids is doing the job. Swelling has gone down considerably, redness is diminishing. So far so good. Still have a week of steriods to take so thingsshould be fine by then.

jim

Geo said...

Hang in there! It does get better, I promise!